Duplex scanning of vessels
Duplex scanning of vessels is a simple and safe way to know the condition of the arterial or venous bed.
Duplex scanning of blood vessels was named so along of combination of two ultrasound regimes: the gray-scale image (B-mode) of the underlying structures and the Doppler sonography, which allows receiving information on the velocity spectrum, direction and type of blood flow in the vessel under study. All this allows us to diagnose various vascular pathologies, to study structural changes in the blood vessels, to assess the blood flow in them, to detect the presence of atherosclerotic plaques, emboli, thrombi, to clarify the state of the shunts, prostheses and stents after operative vascular interventions.
Who needs to undergo duplex scanning of the arteries of the lower extremities?
First of all, it is necessary for those to whom the research is assigned by the attending doctor. However, it is worth to undergo if:
• you are bothered about numbness of the limbs
• chills of the legs
• pain in the legs, including walking (so-called "intermittent claudication"),
• cramps in the legs
• you have a venous network or varicose nodules on your legs
• you have skin changes of various types on the legs, such as ulcers, hyperpigmentation, pallescence or hyperemia
• you have already had a history of thrombosis or embolism
• you had surgery interventions on the vessels of the legs
Duplex scanning of vessels is a simple and safe way to know the condition of the arterial or venous bed. The study does not require special training, is safe, painless, and also has a high diagnostic value. All this will help your doctor to determine the exact diagnosis and further treatment tactics.
- Fitting of a cardiac pacemaker
- Radiofrequency ablation of arrhythmias
- Treatment of arteriosclerosis obliterans.
- Interventional cardiology
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Laser coagulation of the veins of lower extremities
- Ultrasound examination of the heart
- Duplex scanning of vessels
- Treatment by hyperbaric oxygenation
- Early diagnosis of a myocardial infarction
- Diagnosis of thrombosis, DIC syndrome, monitoring of thrombolytic therapy
- Diagnostics, screening and assessment of compensation of a diabetes mellitus