Computer tomography is the most modern method of X-ray examination. We offer a survey on a modern 32-slice spiral computer tomograph of the company "General Electric". Multislice spiral computed tomography (MSCT) is a method of fast layer-by-layer imaging of organs and tissues with high spatial and structural resolution. Within a few seconds of scanning the patient and then converting the tomograms into multi-plane and three-dimensional images, the radiologist receives data for qualitative diagnosis. The high efficiency and accuracy of modern computer tomography techniques has been repeatedly proven in practice. Computed tomography in some cases is performed with intravenous injection of a contrast iodine-containing drug.
We perform computed tomography (CT) in almost all anatomical areas, namely:
- Computer tomography (CT) of the brain with a suspected stroke, hemorrhage, tumor;
- Computed tomography of the paranasal spaces;
- Computer tomography of temporal bones in diseases of the middle ear;
- Computer tomography of the abdominal cavity and retroperitoneal space;
- Computer tomography of the spine for diagnosis of herniated intervertebral discs, lumbar spine, to clarify the condition of the spinal canal, with inflammatory and tumoral lesions of the spine, with traumatic injuries.
A short study time combined with rapid introduction of a contrast agent into the vein allows to receive a qualitative image of the vessels, starting from the root of the aorta to the periphery, and the heart. We perform the following studies of blood vessels:
- CT angiography of the pulmonary artery for diagnosis of pulmonary artery thromboembolia;
- CT angiography of the thoracic and abdominal aorta for diagnosis of aneurysms, thromboses;
- CT angiography of the carotid and intracerebral arteries for diagnosis of stenoses, occlusions, aneurysms, congenital pathology;
- CT angiography of the renal arteries;
- CT angiography of the celiac trunk and mesenteric arteries;
- CT angiography of lower limb arteries;
- Spiral computed tomography of the heart to determine the severity of coronary calcification.
- Spiral computed tomography of the heart for diagnosis of aneurysms, thrombi.
The possibility of assessing the coronary arteries with the help of CTA is significantly dependent on heart rate. Optimal results can be obtained with a regular rhythm and heart rate of no more than 60 beats per minute.
CT angiography is not performed in presence of allergic reactions to contrast agents, or the study can be performed under anesthesia. The study of pregnant women is performed only on vital indications.
It must be remembered that detection of diseases in the early stages is the key to successful treatment. That is why timely diagnosis using modern techniques, including MSCT, will help you to be calm and confident in the future.
The Department is equipped with X-ray diagnostic devices Sirescope-CX and Pulmoscan-760, which allow performing of a wide range of diagnostic studies.
Radiography of the thoracic and abdominal cavities is performed both on a film carrier and in digital format. There are performed functional studies of the cervical spine in the position of maximum flexion and extension, radiography of the thoracic and lumbar regions, shoulder, knee and ankle joints, etc.
Examinations of recumbent patients in the intensive care unit are performed on the mobile ward apparatus Basic 100-30.