In 1984, there was only an ECG cabinet in the Gomel Regional Cardiac Dispensary. In 1986, the Functional Diagnostics Department has been opened. Today the Department is equipped with high-tech equipment of the world's leading and domestic manufacturers.
For selection of optimal treatment it is necessary to make correct diagnosis, and to find it out, the specialists use different methods of functional research. Our Department carries out the following researches:
- ECG at rest with 12 and additional leads (including with pharmacological tests, with physical exertion, with transesophageal discharge).
- Bicycle ergometry and treadmill test.
- Holter ECG monitoring 24 and 48 hours (Holter monitoring, Holter monitor).
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring (SMAD).
- Transesophageal electrophysiological examination of the heart (PE EFI) with the following protocols: a) ischemic test, b) determination of sinus node function and AV conductivity, c) protocol for paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, d) cardioversion protocol (rhythm restoration in atrial flutter, paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia).
- Rheoencephalography (including with pharmacological tests).
- Reovasography (including with pharmacological tests, as well as determination of pulse wave velocity, determination of central hemodynamics).
The Department employs highly qualified specialists: three doctors with a higher education and two doctors with the first qualification category.