The Cardiosurgery Department has been opened on the basis of the UGOKKC on January 9, 1998. On May 18, 1998, it was performed the first operation on the "open heart" using a heart-lung apparatus; in May 2003 - the first operation on a working heart. On December 17, 2010, a new surgery-resuscitation module was opened.
The Department is designed for 25 beds. The surgery-resuscitation module includes 2 separate cardiosurgical operating rooms, 6 anesthesia beds designed in accordance with European standards, equipped with advanced high-tech equipment, they meet all the requirements of cardiac surgeons and anesthesiologists-resuscitators. Modern video equipment of cardiosurgical operating rooms allows to monitor the operations on the open heart. Today in the Department, a wide range of cardiosurgical interventions is performed.
In case of ischemic heart disease there are performed:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery - autovenous or arterial bypass shunts performed under conditions of artificial circulation or on a working heart. It is possible to perform the operation of mammarocoronary shunting from mini-thoracotomy access, which reduces duration of the postoperative period, reduces frequency of possible complications, and also provides a high level of cosmeticity.
In case of damage to the heart valves of rheumatic or other origin, the following is performed:
- plastics of the heart valves, while maintaining their own valves;
- replacement of heart valves with biological or mechanical prostheses;
- reprotezation of previous artificial heart valves of old structures.
In case of ischemic heart disease and simultaneous damage to valves of various origin, combined aortocoronary bypass surgery operations and plastics or valve replacement are carried out.
Surgery of consequences of myocardial infarction:
- removal of an aneurysm of the left ventricle with restoration of shape and geometry of the ventricle;
- plastics of postoperative defects of the interventricular septum.
Surgery for aneurysm of the ascending aorta:
- removal of an aneurysm of the ascending aorta, aortic valve with its replacement by an artificial limb.
Also carried out:
- plastics of defect of the interatrial, interventricular septum;
- removal of myxoma of the left atrium;
- pericardectomy and other operations.